in partnership with the World Community for Prevention of Diabetes
Please note that the late breaking abstract submission deadline has now passed.
Call for Abstracts Opens: 2 October 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: 20 February 2018
Notification of Review Outcome: 30 March 2018
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance: 20 April 2018
Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline: 14 May 2018 (Poster Only) – CLOSED
Late Breaking Notification: June 2018
Programme Available Online: 14 May 2018
The abstract submission process for WCPDC 2018 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Only 3 submissions are allowed per person, each abstract may only be submitted once for the conference
You do not need to register for the conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 20 April 2018.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 20 April 2018. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
Late breaking abstracts can be submitted for presentation at the conference as Poster. However please note that the deadline to submit late breaking abstracts has now passed.
All accepted abstracts will be asked to present a poster. At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme. The programme committee will select abstracts to be presented as an oral presentation from the abstracts submitted under ‘Poster and Oral’. These abstracts will also be required to present a poster. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral Format: (Submission is closed for Oral)
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers
Poster Format: (Submission is closed for Posters)
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) in portrait orientation
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font (min. size 16 font)
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
- 1. Clinical Science
- 2. Basic Science
- 3. Public Health
- 4. Population Health
- 5. Behavioural Science
- 6. Other (please specify in additional information)
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for WCPDC 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the WCPDC 2018 abstract submission system and conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 20)
- Presentation type (Poster Only)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 250, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
- Please list if you have any conflict of interest and list your group name (if applicable).
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files version 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the WCPDC 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author on 30 March 2018. Late breaking abstracts will be informed in June.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the conference by 20 April 2018. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outline, template and editorial guidelines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for WCPDC 2018.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 20 April 2018 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 15 – 18 July 2018.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the WCPDC 2018 Programme Team email@example.com